Contact a BOE Member
Jon Oak, President
Mike Munson, Vice-President
The board of education is comprised of seven at-large members, each elected for a four-year term. Generally speaking, the Board meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month. However, there are some exceptions, and, occasionally, a special meeting may be scheduled.
All meetings are open to the public and media. The board may take official action only in open session. While the board likes to conduct discussion in open forum, there are subjects that may be discussed in an executive or closed session. According to state law, no action may be taken during an executive session, and subjects which may be discussed are:
- Personnel matters of non-elected personnel;
- Consultation with an attorney for the body or agency which would be deemed privileged in the attorney-client relationship;
- Matters relating to employer-employee negotiations whether or not in consultation with the representative(s) of the body or agency;
- Confidential data relating to financial affairs or trade secrets of corporations, partnerships, trusts and individual proprietorships;
- Matters relating to actions adversely or favorably affecting the person as a student, patient or resident of a public institution, except that any such personal shall have the right to a public hearing if requested by the person;
- Preliminary discussions relating to the acquisition of real property.